Nokia Chat runs in the background on some phones but not all. If you see your presence and message alert icons on the status bar after closing the Chat app, your phone supports Chat running in the background. If you can’t see the chat icons on the status bar, your phone does not stay connected to Nokia Chat after you close the Chat app. In some phones, however, Nokia Chat supports Push notifications, which allow you to stay connected even when you close the Chat app.
- Why is the Chat app not working anymore on my Nokia S40 or S60 phone?
- How can I update the software of my Nokia Asha or Series 40 phone?
- How do I resolve the “conflicting applications” error when starting one of my preinstalled applications?
- How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software?
- I cannot send or receive email