Explore your tablet with a tap, swipe, or drag.
- To use your tablet, simply tap the touch screen.
- To see detailed info or, while in Desktop, to see further options, tap and hold the item or app you want to explore.
To open a menu with more options in Desktop, tap and hold the item.
Drag an item
- On the start screen, tap and hold an item, and slide your finger across the screen.
- Place your finger on the screen, and slide it in the desired direction.
To quickly scroll through a long list or menu, slide your finger quickly in a flicking motion up or down the screen, and lift your finger. To stop the scrolling, tap the screen.
Zoom in or out
- Place 2 fingers on an item, such as a map, photo, or web
page, and slide your fingers apart or together.
You may not be able to zoom in or out in all apps.
Rotate an item
- Place 2 or more fingers on the item, and rotate it.
You may not be able to rotate all items.
You can also rotate the whole screen. Simply turn the tablet 90 degrees.
Avoid scratching the touch screen. Never use an actual pen, pencil, or other sharp object on the touch screen.