The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during flight (airplane) mode is comply with local regulations. There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- How can I increase my Lumia phone’s memory?
- Can I move or save apps to my memory card on my Lumia phone?
- Does the alarm clock work when my Lumia phone is switched off?
- After updating to Lumia Cyan, my calendar app shows time in 12 hour format. What can I do?
- How can I check the IMEI number of my Lumia phone?