Want to gather with people, but find it difficult to set a date and time convenient for everybody? You can invite others to chat, and privately share a calendar, photos, or notes, such as shopping lists.
Although this feature works best on Windows Phone 8 and later releases, phones running on Windows Phone 7 can join rooms and set up shared calendars. To use this feature, you need to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- To create a room for sharing, tap People, and swipe to rooms.
- Tap > Room.
- Write a name for the room, and tap .
- To switch between a group chat, calendar, note, or photo album, swipe left or right.
- To invite someone to join the room, tap > and
Tip: If you haven't used rooms yet, your phone has a Family Room ready for you. In the People hub, swipe to rooms, and tap Family Room. To invite someone to the room for the first time, tap invite someone.
Share a photo with a room
- Tap a room, swipe to photos, and tap > photo. Then tap a photo and .
Tip: To delete a photo from the room, tap the photo and open in OneDrive. Then tap the photo and .