Your phone suggests words as you write, to help you write quickly and more accurately. Word suggestions are available in several languages.
- When you start writing a word, your phone suggests possible
words. When the word you want is shown in the suggestion bar, tap
the word. To see more suggestions, swipe left.
If the suggested word is in bold, your phone automatically uses it to replace the word you wrote. If the word is wrong, tap it, and you see the original word and a few other suggestions.
Correct a word
- If you notice that you have misspelled a word, tap it, and you see suggestions for correcting the word.
Add a new word to the dictionary
- If the word you want isn't in the dictionary, write the word, tap it, and tap the plus sign (+) in the suggestion bar. Your phone also learns new words when you have written them a few times.
Switch word suggestions off
- On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings > keyboard > typing settings. Tap your language keyboard, and clear the Suggest text and highlight misspelt words check box.
Remove manually added words
- On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings > keyboard > typing settings > reset suggestions.