The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during flight (airplane) mode is comply with local regulations. There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- How do I remove an account from my Lumia phone?
- How do I insert dialing pause into a contact phone number on my Lumia phone?
- What is the glance screen for my Lumia phone?
- Where can I find information about WhatsApp, Skype, Angry Birds, Twitter, NimBuzz, Viber, Fring, or some other non-Microsoft application (3rd party application)?
- What are effects on the Cinemagraph app on my Lumia phone?