Want to protect your phone against unauthorised use? Define a security code, and set your phone to lock itself automatically when you're not using it.
- On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap ALL SETTINGS > lock screen.
- Switch Password to On, and type in a security code (at least 4 digits).
- Tap Require a password after, and define the length of time after which the phone locks automatically.
Keep the security code secret and in a safe place separate from your phone. If you forget the security code and cannot recover it, or if you enter the wrong code too many times, your phone will require service. Additional charges may apply, and all the personal data on your phone may be deleted. For more info, contact the nearest care point for your phone, or your phone dealer.
Unlock your phone
- Press the power key, drag the lock screen up, and type in your security code.
Change your security code
- On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap ALL SETTINGS > lock screen > change password.