- What are Payment Solutions?
Microsoft works with third-party financing providers to facilitate payment solutions for credit-approved customers under the Microsoft Financing program.
Payment Solutions are a range of simple, convenient, and flexible payment options that are tailored to the needs of business IT users. They enable you to structure your technology spend so that it aligns with your budget, cash flow, or deployment schedules. The result is that you can meet your evolving business demands quickly by getting the IT solutions you need now.
- What is the benefit of choosing Payment Solutions?
Payment Solutions help design convenient, flexible options that can be customized to allow you to structure your technology spend to meet your business needs—close budget gaps, solve payment-timing issues, and match investment to deployment and ROI.
- What products/solutions can Payment Solutions be used for?
Payment Solutions are available for products and services that are sold through Microsoft Volume Licensing programs including the Enterprise Agreement, Select Plus, and Open License programs. Payment Solutions are also available for Microsoft Dynamics and most third-party products and services under Total Solution Financing (a minimum requirement of Microsoft content applies).
- Can Payment Solutions be used to purchase services and third-party products?
Yes, Payment Solutions can be used to cover services and third-party products as long as minimum Microsoft content threshold requirements are met. Threshold requirements will vary by country, so please check with your local Payment Solution Specialist or partner for additional information.
- What are the typical interest rates for Payment Solutions?
Payment Solution rates are determined by market conditions, transaction size, and customer credit status. The rate is then fixed for the duration of the agreement for easy budgeting.
- Is there a minimum or maximum transaction size?
There is no pre-established maximum or credit limit. You can apply for any that is amount necessary to finance the entire solution, providing the transaction exceeds the minimum transaction size. The minimum amount of an initial agreement is set at a program level and varies by country. In the United States, for example, the current minimum investment is US$3,000.00.
The minimum amount of an initial agreement is set at a program level and varies by country. In the United States, for example, the current minimum investment is US$3,000.00. Please consult your local Payment Solution Specialist or partner for additional information.
- Are down payments required?
There is generally no requirement for down payments.
- Can additional products and services be added after the initial purchase?
Yes, new software purchases, True-ups or additional services can be added to the agreement at any time.
- How do I get a Payment Solutions application?
- Contact your local Microsoft Account Manager, Microsoft Partner, or authorized distributor; or
- Send email to MSFsales@microsoft.com to be connected with your dedicated Payment Solutions Specialist.
- Where are Payment Solutions available?
Payment Solutions currently operate in the following 18 countries/regions.
- Asia Pacific: Australia, New Zealand, and Japan
- Europe, the Middle East, and Africa: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom
- Latin America: Brazil
- North America: United States and Canada
- What are the eligibility requirements to apply for Payment Solutions?
Any commercial or public sector customer (may vary by country) that licenses Microsoft software as part of their IT investment is eligible. Please check with your Microsoft Partner or local Payment Solution Specialist for additional information.
- What are the general credit approval guidelines?
Financing providers in the Payment Solutions program use prudent, industry-standard lending terms and procedures. Lending decisions are made by the financing provider and are based on the creditworthiness of the customer. Credit terms and industry standards vary by country. Factors that historically have benefited customer credit approval include:
- Report profitable operations
- Are well established in their industry and have been in business at least two years
- Have a good payment history as reported by outside credit bureau
- Have a transaction size that is comparable to the overall capacity of their business size
- Have no history of bankruptcies and/or unfavorable judgments
- Have a positive net worth
Frequently asked questions
These webpages are for informational purposes only and do not constitute an offer of credit by Microsoft or any affiliate of Microsoft. To receive financing, a customer must be credit-approved by the applicable third-party financing provider. The financing agreement sets forth the terms and conditions on which financing is offered.