Latest software update
software release for Nokia 206 is 4.51
The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider. To check for updates, on your phone, open the software update app.
- Improved phone call quality
- Improvements to self-portrait voice guidance
- WhatsApp launcher and YouTube launcher added
- Nokia Xpress Browser, Twitter, Facebook, Mail, News and Offers, and Notifications apps updated
- General performance and usability improvements
How to update software
You can update your Nokia Asha or Series 40 phone wirelessly Over the Air (OTA). With OTA updates you don’t need any cables or computer; you can simply download and install the update using your phone. Updates are free of charge, but to download the update, you need an internet connection. It is best to use a Wi-Fi connection to avoid mobile data transmission costs.
Software updates from Microsoft are safe to install, and your settings, apps, photos, and text messages remain safe and sound.
Step 1. For most phones, select Menu > Settings > Phone > Device updates.
Step 2. Select “downl. phone sw”. The phone will notify you if there is an update available. If an update was found, follow the instructions shown on your phone.
Step 3. The update takes around 15-30 minutes, and you are not able to use your phone during the update installation.
- Tip! There can be more than one consequent update available, so you may need to repeat the steps to get to the latest software version.