Latest software update
software release for Nokia Asha 501 is 14.0.x
The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider. When using a Wi-Fi connection, your phone automatically checks for updates and notifies you when an update is available.
- New voice-guided selfie and panorama modes to help you take even better photos. Personal online gallery for your photos on OneDrive with up to 7 GB of free storage space.
- The updated Music app lets you enjoy your favourite songs wherever you are. In selected countries, the Nokia MixRadio service is available with free access to millions of songs.
- Birthdays of the people in your social network show up on Fastlane, where you can also keep track of how many times your tweets get re-tweeted
- Parental controls to make sure your kids don’t end up on sites they shouldn’t be visiting – set a passcode to control who can use the browser and install apps on your phone
- Power save mode to make your battery last longer
- General performance and usability improvements, Smart Dual SIM feature, contact groups, and more
How to update software
You can update your Nokia Asha phone wirelessly Over the Air (OTA). With OTA updates you don’t need any cables or a computer; you can simply download and install the update using your phone. Updates are free of charge, but to download the update, you need an internet connection. If your phone supports it, it is best to use a Wi-Fi connection to avoid mobile data transmission costs.
Software updates from Microsoft are safe to install, and your settings, apps, photos, and text messages remain safe and sound.
Step 1. Your phone notifies you when an update is available for you. On phones running software version 11.1.1, or newer, you can also check for updates by going to Settings > Phone update and tap Check for updates.
Step 2. To view and to install the updates, just tap the notification message, click Update and follow the instructions shown on your phone. You can install the update immediately, or postpone the update to a more convenient time.
- Tip! You can also see the main benefits of the update by opening the release note link. If you opened the release notes, you can return to the Phone update view by pressing the back button.
Step 3. The update takes around 15-30 minutes, and you are not able to use your phone during the update installation. You may need to restart your phone to finish the installation.