Latest software update
software release for Nokia X Dual SIM is Nokia X Software Platform
The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider. When using a Wi-Fi connection, your phone automatically checks for updates and notifies you when an update is available.
- Enjoy improved ease of use with the new app switcher - switch easily between open apps, or close apps with a single tap
- Instant access to your mail, calendar, and notes with Outlook.com and OneNote
- Updated Nokia Store - new design to help you find content more easily, and better integration with third-party stores
- New scrollable widgets, call reject with a message, contact search in the dialler, automatic uploading to OneDrive, and local calendar support
- General performance and usability improvements
How to update software
You can update your Nokia X phone wirelessly Over the Air (OTA). With OTA updates you don’t need any cables or a computer; you can simply download and install the update using your phone. Updates are free of charge, but to download the update, you need an internet connection. It is best to use a Wi-Fi connection to avoid mobile data transmission costs.
Software updates from Nokia are safe to install, and your settings, apps, photos, and text messages remain safe and sound.
Step 1. Your phone notifies you when an update is available for you. You can also check for updates by going to Settings > About Phone > System updates and tapping Check Now.
Step 2. To view and to install the updates, just tap the notification message, click Update and follow the instructions shown on your phone. You can install the update immediately, or postpone the update to a more convenient time.
Step 3. The update takes around 15-30 minutes, and you are not able to use your phone during the update installation. You may need to restart your phone to finish the installation.