Efficient and Secure User Management
Forefront Identity Manager 2010 (FIM) empowers you by:
- Enabling you to easily perform such self-service tasks as group and distribution list management with self-help tools integrated into a SharePoint-based console as well as directly in Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Providing IT Professionals with the tools they need to manage identities through a SharePoint-based policy and workflow management console.
- Giving developers access to extensibility features through extensive public APIs.
Forefront Identity Manager 2010 delivers agility and efficiency by:
- Integrating heterogeneous infrastructure including directories, databases, and line of business applications for enterprise.
- Enabling management of heterogeneous strong authentication systems such as third-party certificate authorities.
Forefront Identity Manager 2010 increases security and compliance by:
- Providing management features that enable system auditing and compliance. By integrating the tools IT uses to manage identities, credentials, and resources, FIM 2010 helps organizations integrate policies across the organization and secure the enterprise.
- Integrating management tools which enable organizations to better enjoy the security benefits of strong authentication.