OLTP and database management
Deliver breakthrough in-memory speed and reliable online transaction processing
Achieve exponential performance gains with the speed of in-memory online transaction processing (OLTP). You’ll get the reliability, high availability, and simplified management you need, all on a data platform that features market-leading security and is backed by comprehensive support.Read the SQL Server Mission-Critical Performance
white paperRead the Gartner Magic Quadrant for ODBMSRead the Optimizing Scale-Up, Mission-Critical Enterprise Workloads on x86 Systems HP/Microsoft white paper
MISSION-CRITICAL DATA PLATFORM PERFORMANCE
Big data and analytics have become a major competitive differentiator, but managing massive amounts of data with around-the-clock uptime is an ongoing challenge for IT. It’s more critical than ever to achieve the performance, availability and robust security that enterprises need for mission-critical workloads while keeping costs low. Microsoft’s solutions set a new standard for mission-critical performance, at the right price and with the right support.
SQL Server’s in-memory technology enables you to experience up to 30x improvement in transactional performance utilizing industry-standard hardware. You’ll enjoy the peace of mind of using the database with the fewest vulnerabilities six years in a row.* With SQL Server 2016, you’ll get built-in in-memory technology with real-time operational analytics, and Always Encrypted technology that protects your data at rest and in motion.
*National Institute of Standards and Technology Comprehensive Vulnerability Database Jan. 21, 2015
OLTP DATABASE BENEFITS
- Achieve breakthrough performance with in-memory technology built in across all workloads
- Get the reliability and high availability you need with AlwaysOn
- Gain enterprise-class scalability and predictable performance
- Row Level Security and Always Encrypted technology in SQL Server 2016 protect data at rest and in motion
- SQL Server Management Studio helps to centrally manage database infrastructure across your datacenter and the cloud