Faster, more relevant decision making
- Access Analysis Services data from Microsoft Office and through SharePoint Server.
- Build KPIs that provide better insight and accountability.
- Achieve advanced scalability with the improved Aggregation Designer.
- Deliver solutions built on a robust OLAP platform.
Build sophisticated analytics solutions that deliver insight through familiar technologies by using SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services.
Comprehensive analytical tools and a Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) empower organizations to perform a variety of tasks from multidimensional analysis and reporting to predictive analysis—all in a single solution.
With a flexible KPI framework and predictive analytics, business stakeholders proactively identify patterns and gain insight into the performance of the business.
- Interoperability and Ease of use with simplified acquisition, installation and configuration.
- Enterprise ready Hadoop distribution with greater security, performance and ease of management.
- Flexibility and choice with the option to deploy Hadoop either on premise or in the cloud.
Unlock business insights from all your structured and unstructured data of any size, with Microsoft’s Big Data solution. Our solution provides an Enterprise ready distribution powered by Apache Hadoop, that is also integrated into the Microsoft BI tools such as SQL Server Analysis Services, Reporting Services and even PowerPivot and Excel. This enables you to do BI on all your data, including those in Hadoop.
Complex Event Processing
Informed decisions, almost instantly
- Process large event volumes across multiple data streams.
- Gain continuous insight through historical data mining.
- Lower development costs by utilizing existing skill sets.
- Reduce management complexity with easy-to-support platform.
- Tailor deployment to meet business needs.
Microsoft StreamInsight helps organizations derive insights from critical information in near real time, helping employees to analyze large amounts of event data streaming in from multiple sources. Monitor, analyze, and act on data in motion.
Deeper insights for decisions
- Provide data-mining capabilities.
- Create annotated data-mining diagrams through integration with Microsoft Visio drawing and diagramming software.
- Uncover customer purchasing trends.
- Build diverse models on top of data.
- Gain advanced data mining with add-ins for Microsoft Excel.
Extend better-informed decision making throughout the enterprise with predictive analytics that feature seamless integration with business applications and productivity tools.
By using SQL Server 2008 R2 Data Mining, people can access predictive insights through data-mining add-ins for Microsoft Office.
Users can take advantage of data-mining capabilities without the need to master complex tools or techniques. Native integration with SQL Server 2008 R2 Integration Services, SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services, and SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services makes it easier to create solutions that provide insights throughout the data life cycle. In addition, users can experience seamless transition between discovery and exploration by relying on data mining add-ins for Microsoft Office that hide complexity behind intuitive tasks.
By using a rich collection of data-mining algorithms and tools, users can discover a wealth of useful information, such as purchasing patterns, sales forecasts, key influencers, market trends, and campaign performance.
Derive more value from data
- Integrate large volumes of data more efficiently.
- Optimize ETL operations by integrating only changed data.
- Use data connectors for common data types.
- Customize how integration packages run in various environments.
- Use wizard-based tools for efficient data transfer operations.
Streamline the aggregation of large amounts of data into enterprise data warehouses by using SQL Server 2008 R2 Integration Services.
People can take advantage of change data capture for capturing information in real time, refreshing only data that has changed since the last iteration for greater efficiency. Data connectors for commonly used data services simplify integration of multiple data sources.
By using visual tools to create data integration solutions, or by extending those solutions with the Microsoft Visual Studio development system and Microsoft .NET Framework, IT can provide greater integration with data-driven applications, data-mining solutions, and other enterprise systems.
Empowered, self-service BI
- With Microsoft Office, give people BI tools that are familiar and flexible.
- Reduce IT requests with powerful self-service capabilities.
- Lower IT costs with built-in management tools.
- Give insight and oversight into users’ activities through SharePoint Server 2010.
BI solutions frequently restrict the way that users work with their data, and deploying and managing BI solutions is often resource-intensive and costly.
Enable business users to create and share rich, compelling BI solutions through familiar applications while you empower IT to efficiently deliver, monitor, and manage the BI infrastructure by using SQL Server 2008 R2.
Single source for common data
- Track versioning for all entities and hierarchies.
- Apply granular, role-based access to master data.
- Control data models through a single, web-based console.
- Identify business rule violations.
- Create and apply data quality rules.
- Audit changes to master data.
Centrally manage a master repository of enterprise data with SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services.
With a master data hub, people can help ensure reporting consistency, version control, and an accurate record of changes for auditing purposes. The web-based portal provides administrators with a streamlined tool for managing and updating data and data models.
By providing end users with high-quality data that is authoritative and trustworthy, Master Data Services can help foster consistent, informed decision making across the organization.
Collaborative, enterprise-wide reporting
- Provide for “grab-and-go” reporting.
- Create visuals from geospatial data.
- Accelerate report processing.
- Use lists and queries as data sources.
- Link reporting data to PowerPivot and other applications in OData format.
Combine intuitive tools with enterprise reach by using SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services. New Report Builder 3.0 lowers barriers of entry by enabling users to start from modular components stored in easily accessible libraries.
People can take advantage of rich visualizations, including data bars, sparklines, and geospatial integration with Bing Maps to add a new level of insight and understanding to business reporting.
By using a fluid framework for sharing reports and Report Parts through SharePoint Server, users will be able to easily find relevant reports and information.