SQL Server Azure Database Overview
Public Cloud: SQL Azure and SQL Server 2008 R2
Cloud-based database solutions provide many benefits, including rapid provisioning, cost-effective scalability, high availability, and reduced management overhead. SQL Azure is built on SQL Server technologies but is offered as a service running from Microsoft’s global datacenters thereby freeing customers from having to build, manage and maintain their own database hardware of software infrastructure.
- Rapidly build departmental or line of business solutions with instant provisioning and familiar tools.
- Extend data to the cloud to enable collaboration with partners, branch offices and mobile devices.
- Build Software-as-a-service applications which take advantage of multi-tenant, scale-out capabilities.
- Create custom scalable web applications which can scale up or down based on your needs.
- Gain increased flexibility with the option of a pay-as-you-go subscription based model.