Enterprise-scale data warehouse
- Scale to 100s of terabytes.
- Enjoy hardware choice with appliances planned from HP and Bull.
- Gain a comprehensive data warehouse solution.
Take advantage of actionable and timely business insights from rapidly growing data.
SQL Server 2008 R2 Parallel Data Warehouse offers enterprise scalability to hundreds of terabytes and high performance through a massively parallel processing architecture.
Planned appliances from HP and Bull help organizations avoid vendor lock-in and control costs.
Parallel Data Warehouse helps companies accelerate the development of BI solutions by including a complementary toolset for ETL, BI, master data management and near-real-time data warehousing. It also promotes a compelling user experience through integration with Microsoft BI tools, such as PowerPivot, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and SQL Server Integration Services.
With the most comprehensive data warehouse solution available, organizations benefit from scalable performance, flexibility, and hardware choices.
Accelerate your data warehouse
- Reduce hardware testing and tuning.
- Scale up to 80 TBs by using compression.
- Choose from industry-standard hardware.
- Receive guidance from Microsoft.
- Balance hardware and software components.
- Eliminate performance bottlenecks.
Reducing costs for data warehousing has become an imperative in many organizations. Deliver on this mandate and support your company's data warehouse needs by using SQL Server Fast Track Data Warehouse.
As part of a robust data-warehousing road map, Fast Track Data Warehouse helps you scale up your data warehouse on SQL Server 2008 R2.
Organizations can take advantage of a high-performance, enterprise-class warehouse—up to 80 terabytes—without the high cost of traditional systems. In addition, they can enjoy a lower cost-of-ownership through rapid deployment and industry-standard hardware.
Reliable reference architectures and best practices for data warehousing help reduce costs, save time, and reduce risk.
Single version of the truth
- Track versioning for all entities and hierarchies.
- Apply granular, role-based access to master data.
- Control data models through a single web-based console.
- Identify business rule violations.
- Create and apply data quality rules.
- Audit changes to master data.
Centrally manage a master repository of enterprise data with SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services.
With a master data hub, people can help ensure reporting consistency, version control, and an accurate record of changes for auditing purposes. The web-based portal provides administrators with a streamlined tool for managing and updating data and data models.
By providing end users with high-quality data that is authoritative and trustworthy, Master Data Services can help foster consistent, informed decision making across the organization.
Derive more value from data
- Integrate large volumes of data more efficiently.
- Optimize ETL operations by integrating only changed data.
- Use data connectors for common data types.
- Customize how integration packages run in various environments.
- Use wizard-based tools for efficient data transfer operations.
Streamline the aggregation of large amounts of data into enterprise data warehouses by using SQL Server 2008 R2 Integration Services.
People can take advantage of change data capture for capturing information in real time, refreshing only data that has changed since the last iteration for greater efficiency. Data connectors for commonly used data services simplify integration of multiple data sources.
By using visual tools to create data integration solutions, or by extending those solutions with the Microsoft Visual Studio development system and Microsoft .NET Framework, IT can provide greater integration with data-driven applications, data-mining solutions, and other enterprise systems.
Collaborative enterprise-wide reporting
- Provide for "grab and go" reporting.
- Create visuals from geospatial data.
- Accelerate report processing.
- Use lists and queries as data sources.
- Link reporting data to PowerPivot and other applications in ATOM format.
Combine intuitive tools with enterprise reach by using SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services. New Report Builder 3.0 lowers barrier of entry by enabling users to start from modular components stored in easily accessible libraries.
People can take advantage of rich visualizations, including data bars, sparklines, and geospatial integration with Bing Maps to add a new level of insight and understanding to business reporting.
By using a fluid framework for sharing reports and Report Parts through Microsoft SharePoint Server, users will be able to easily find relevant reports and information.