Perform at low cost
- Deliver the highest performance.
- Gain flexibility and choice.
- Reduce data-warehousing costs.
- Gain support for a hub-and-spoke architecture.
Today’s enterprise depends on rapidly growing volumes of quality data for critical business insight. Manage growing data volumes, integrate with Microsoft business intelligence solutions, and scale a data warehouse to perform across hundreds of terabytes of data with SQL Server 2008 R2.
Choose from four distinct offerings that meet any data-warehousing need, from small to large: Enterprise, Datacenter, Fast Track Data Warehouse, and Parallel Data Warehouse.
Use a highly flexible hub-and-spoke architecture to enhance agility. Easily repurpose resources as business needs change.
Accelerate deployment and minimize risk with preconfigured hardware and reference architecture from leading vendors.
Keep business in business
- Keep critical applications running.
- Ensure continual access to data.
- Recover quickly from downtime.
- Simplify data-recovery installation.
- Make data-recovery management easier.
- Meet service-level agreements.
Mission-critical applications require nonstop access to data. High-availability technologies in SQL Server 2008 R2 help customers meet business continuity goals at a low total-cost-of-ownership.
Keep data available, no matter what happens, with database mirroring, log shipping, and failover clustering.
Perform maintenance tasks without taking down the database, reducing outages and associated costs.
Bring services back quickly from downtime with monitoring, backup, and diagnostic tools.
Scale, on your terms
- Enjoy industry-leading performance.
- Gain from the highest levels of scale.
- Optimize application performance.
- Scale up or scale out hardware.
- Improve query performance.
- Maximize instance usage.
With expanded scalability in SQL Server 2008 R2, you can realize the scale and performance you’ve always wanted.
Keep pace with growing data volumes and business needs.
Take full advantage of the latest multicore hardware, with expanded support for up to 256 logical processors and maximum operating-system memory limits.
Peruse third-party benchmarks that validate SQL Server as being among the top database software for performance.*
Secure organizational data
- Ensure compliance with policies.
- Provide transparent encryption.
- Give specific access to specific users.
- Consolidate key management.
- Provide fast, granular auditing.
- Address needs around regulations.
The built-in security and compliance capabilities in SQL Server 2008 R2 provide effective configuration management, strong authentication and access control, powerful encryption and key management capabilities, and configurable auditing.
Protect valuable information with centrally managed, enterprise-class security capabilities that meet strict internal and external policies.
Take advantage of a database solution that has been audited for HIPAA and PCI Data Security Standard Compliance. Rest easy, knowing that SQL Server 2008 Enterprise completed a Common Criteria IT security evaluation at the Basic Assurance Level EAL1+.
Provide granular access control to a database environment that is secure by design.
Upgrade Reliability Assurance
- Free performance testing of your workloads against every new public release of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Confidence that Microsoft encountered no backwards compatibility issues that would affect your business solutions.
- An opportunity to request improvements directly from the product group for known upgrade issues that could affect your business solutions.
Have confidence that Microsoft tested your SQL Server and Analysis Services solutions and workloads free of charge in a secure and carefully controlled environment and encountered no issues that would affect your BI solutions after an upgrade to the next version of the SQL Server suite of technologies.