The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2) provides customers with the latest updates to the 2007 Office suite (the products that are affected by this update are listed below). This download includes two types of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack.
- In addition to general product fixes, this includes improvements in stability, performance, and security.
- You can find out more information in Knowledge Base Article 953195, where product-specific changes are described.
- All of the Public Updates, Security Updates, Cumulative Updates, and Hotfixes released through February 2009.
Before installing this service pack, you are strongly encouraged to read 953195
, which describes some big improvements introduced by SP2, and also calls out some important information that you should be aware of before installing.
Top of page
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 3
Service Pack 2 will update the following:
Top of page
- Microsoft® Office Basic 2007
- Microsoft® Office Enterprise 2007
- Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007
- Microsoft® Office Professional 2007
- Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007
- Microsoft® Office Small Business 2007
- Microsoft® Office Small Business Management 2007
- Microsoft® Office Standard 2007
- Microsoft® Office Ultimate 2007
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2007
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007
- Microsoft® Office InfoPath® 2007
- Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007
- Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2007
- Microsoft® Office Publisher® 2007
- Microsoft® Office Word 2007
- Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007
- Microsoft® Office Groove® 2007
To install this update, do one of the following:
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you attempt to install this update and get a message saying that the update failed, please refer to Knowledge Base Article 968173. It describes a set of requirements and other issues that may cause the installation to fail, and gives instructions on how to fix them.
Install SP2 for Other Office Products
- Use Microsoft Update (recommended).
- Microsoft Update consolidates all updates into one location and offers you only those that affect your particular system.
- Install this update manually.
- Download the file by clicking the Download button on this page.
- Save the file to your hard disk drive.
- Locate the .exe file that you saved, double-click it, and follow the instructions on the screen.
If you have other Office products installed, please be sure to update them as well. A full list of SP2 releases for Office products is available in the Knowledge Base Article 968170
To Remove this Download
Service Pack 2 is the first service pack to support uninstall of client patches through both the command line and the use of the Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool. The Service Pack Uninstall Tool is available as a separate download. For more information about this tool, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 954914
Administrators working in managed environments can find complete resources for deploying Office updates in an organization on the 2007 Office Resource Kit site
Again, for more details about what is included in the service pack, you are urged to read Knowledge Base Article 953195
Top of page