Latest software update
software release for Nokia Asha 306 is 7.42
The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider. To check for updates, on your phone, tap Phone and Device updates.
- Phone software stability improvements
- WhatsApp launcher added
- Nokia Xpress Browser, Nokia Store, News and Offers, and Notifications apps updated
- Chat and Mail apps updated. Available via Nokia Suite.
- New Twitter and Facebook apps added. Available via Nokia Suite or can be downloaded after the update from Nokia Store (http://store.nokia.com).
- General performance and usability improvements
How to update software
UPDATE WIRELESSLY (OTA)
You can update your Nokia Asha or Series 40 phone wirelessly Over the Air (OTA). With OTA updates you don’t need any cables or computer; you can simply download and install the update using your phone. Updates are free of charge, but to download the update, you need an internet connection. It is best to use a Wi-Fi connection to avoid mobile data transmission costs.
Software updates from Microsoft are safe to install, and your settings, apps, photos, and text messages remain safe and sound.
Step 1. For most phones, select Menu > Settings > Phone > Device updates.
Step 2. Select “downl. phone sw”. The phone will notify you if there is an update available. If an update was found, follow the instructions shown on your phone.
Step 3. The update takes around 15-30 minutes, and you are not able to use your phone during the update installation.
- Tip! There can be more than one consequent update available, so you may need to repeat the steps to get to the latest software version.
UPDATE WITH NOKIA SUITE
Most of the Asha and Series 40 phones can alternatively be updated with Nokia Suite.
To update your phone, you need Nokia Suite software on your computer.
Connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable.
Start Nokia Suite, and go to Tools > Software updates. Then select the update you want to download, and click Install.