For more information on your device, select it on the Support main page.
Check that an outgoing SMTP server has been configured on the mailbox of your device. A few email domains do not make their SMTP servers available unless you are in their network. Some operators make an SMTP server available for these domains, but you may want to check with your Email Service Provider or Operator to determine how to configure an SMTP server for these cases. You can verify whether an SMTP server is configured on your device (for example on Nokia N8-00) by checking the following:
- Go to the Mail application.
- Select Settings.
- Select Mailbox you wish to edit.
- Select Mailbox settings.
- Select Advanced mailbox settings.
- Select Outgoing mail settings.
- Check the value for the Outgoing mail server.
Applies for Symbian^3 devices using direct email server connection.