If you are thinking of sending your phone for repair, check these easy steps first. They may fix the issue and save your time and effort.
1. Restart your phone
Switch your phone off and take the battery out. Wait a few seconds put the battery in and switch your phone on.
2. Charge your phone
Charge the battery
- Plug the charger to a wall outlet.
- Connect the charger to the phone.
- When the phone indicates a full charge, disconnect the charger from the phone then from the wall outlet.
If the battery is completely discharged it may take several minutes before the charging indicator is shown or before you can make any calls.
If the battery has not been used for a long time, to begin charging you may need to connect the charger then disconnect and reconnect it.
3. Restore to factory settings
Restore original settings: If your phone is not working properly you can reset some settings to their original values. This does not affect documents or files stored on your phone but we recommend you take a back-up before restoring to factory settings. See instructions in the user manual.
- End all calls and connections.
- Select: Menu > Settings and Restore factory sett. > Settings only.
- Type in the security code.
After restoring the original settings your phone switches off and then on again. This may take longer than usual.