The GPS receiver is located on the back of the device. When using the receiver, make sure that you do not cover the antenna with your hand. Establishing a GPS connection may take from a couple of seconds to several minutes. Establishing a GPS connection in a vehicle may take longer. The GPS receiver draws its power from the device battery. Using the GPS receiver may drain the battery faster.
If your device cannot find the satellite signal, consider the following:
- If you are indoors, go outdoors to receive a better signal.
- If you are outdoors, move to a more open space.
- Ensure that your hand does not cover the GPS antenna of your device.
- If the weather conditions are bad, the signal strength may be affected.
- Some vehicles have tinted (athermic) windows, which may block the satellite signals.
Applies for Nokia E75 and Nokia 5730 XpressMusic devices