No. From 2013, you do not have to connect your phone to your computer for the update. You can simply download and install the update wirelessly using either a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. Data transmission costs may apply. For more info, see the user guide of your phone.
- Mail for Nokia Asha does not connect to my email service, what should I do?
- Is my operator mail account available in Mail for Nokia Asha?
- I cannot hear the other person in a call
- How can I update my Nokia Asha software (500 series)?
- How do I resolve the “conflicting applications” error when starting one of my preinstalled applications?