Installing fonts on Windows
Windows 7 and Windows 8
There are several ways to install fonts on both Windows 7 and Windows 8. Here are step-by-step instructions. Keep in mind that you must be an Administrator on the target machine to install fonts.
The easiest way to install a font is to double-click on a font file to open the font preview and select 'Install'.
You can also right-click on a font file, and then select 'Install'.
Another option is to install fonts with the Fonts Control Panel. Follow these steps to open the Fonts Control Panel.
1. On Windows 7, Select 'Control Panel' from the 'Start' menu, then select 'Appearance and Personalization' and then select 'Fonts'. On Windows 8, you can get to the Font Control Panel simply by searching for 'Fonts'.
2. Drag a font file and drop it into the Fonts Control Panel.
To install a TrueType or OpenType font on Windows Vista, right-click on the font file and then select 'Install'. You can also drag or paste a font into the Fonts Control Panel.
To add a new font to your computer:
1. From the 'Start' menu select 'Control Panel', then select the 'Appearance and Themes' category.
2. Select 'Fonts' from the 'See Also' panel at the left of this screen.
3. On the 'File' menu, select 'Install New Font...'
4. Click the drive and folder that contain the fonts you want to add.
5. To select more than one font to add, press and hold down the CTRL key, click the fonts you want, then click on 'OK'.
Last updated 27 December 2012.