Designed to provide high school girls with a better understanding of what a career in technology
About DigiGirlz Day
During the event, students interact with Microsoft employees and managers to gain exposure to careers in business and technology and to get an inside look at what it's like to work at Microsoft. This exciting event provides girls with career planning assistance, information about technology and business roles, thought-provoking exercises, and interesting Microsoft product demonstrations. By participating in the Microsoft DigiGirlz Day, young women can find out about the variety of opportunities available in the high-tech industry and can explore future career paths.
2016 Microsoft DigiGirlz Day Locations and DatesBelow is the list of DigiGirlz Days planned for 2016. Please check back often for updates to this list.
- United States LocationsDateRegistration and Contact Information
- Tampa, FloridaFebruary 16, 2015Event complete
- Sacramento, CAFebruary 18, 2016Event complete
- Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2016Event complete
- Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2016Event complete
- Olathe KSMarch 22, 2016Event complete
- Cambridge MAApril 1, 2016Event complete
- Birmingham, ALApril 7, 2016Event complete
- New York, NYApril 8, 2016Event complete
- Delaware, MDApril 15, 2016Event complete
- Franklin, TNApril 16, 2016Event complete
- Edina, MNApril 28, 2016Event complete
- Denver, COMay 12, 2016Event complete
- Kingsport, TNMay 13, 2016Event complete
- Las Vegas, NVTBDRegistration coming soon
- Hartford CTJune 14, 2016Event complete
- Cleveland, OHSeptember, 2016Registration coming soon
- Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2016
- Detroit, MISeptember 16, 2016Registration coming soon
- St. Louis, MOSeptember 20, 2016
- Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2016
- Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2016
- Cincinnati, OHOctober 14, 2016Registration coming soon
- Des Moines, IANovember 9, 2016Registration coming soon
- East Des Moines, IANovember 10, 2016Registration coming soon
- International LocationsDateRegistration and Contact Information
- Ensenada, MexicoMarch 12, 2016Event complete
- San Salvador, El SalvadorMarch 24, 2016Event complete
- Tirana, AlbaniaMarch 29, 2016Event complete
- Wininpeg, ManitobaApril 6, 2016Event complete
- Tallinn, EstoniaApril 11, 2016Event complete
- Zagreb, CroatiaApril 12, 2016Event complete
- Vienna, AustriaApril 14, 2016Event complete
- Schiphol, AmsterdamApril 14, 2016Event complete
- Accra, GhanaApril 15, 2016Event complete
- Mississauga, OntarioApril 25, 2016Event complete
- Zaventem, BelgiumApril 27, 2016Event complete
- Unterschleißheim, GermanyApril 28, 2016Event complete
- Sofia, BulgariaMay 23, 2016Event complete
- Vancouver, British ColumbiaMay 25, 2016Event complete
- Sydney, AustraliaJune 10, 2016Event complete
- Beijing, ChinaJuly 15, 2016Event complete
- Manilla, PhilipinesAugust 12, 2016Event complete
- Shanghai, ChinaAugust 26, 2016Event complete
- SingaporeSeptember 16, 2016
- DigiGirlz Day F.A.Q.
- Q. How do girls register to attend a DigiGirlz Day?A.Microsoft accepts high school girls on a first-come, first-served basis. High schools can request to register girls for a DigiGirlz Day in their city by using the contact or registration information provided next to the city name in the list on this page. For general questions, contact email@example.comAn individual girl who is currently in high school is welcome to register for a DigiGirlz Day in her area by using the contact information provided in the list on this page or by sending an e-mail message with her name, her city and state, and the name of her high school to firstname.lastname@example.orgRelease Forms. All students and parent/legal guardian (if under 18) must complete and sign a media release form in order to attend the DigiGirlz event. The form can be obtained by e-mailing the appropriate event location found above.
- Q. How much does the event cost?A.There is no cost associated with this event. Microsoft provides the day free of charge for the girls who attend.
- Q. How does Microsoft choose the girls who attend?A.Microsoft accepts girls and schools on a first-come, first-served basis. Local high schools are encouraged to send in registration requests for their interested girls for this event as soon as possible.
- Q. Is there a GPA requirement in order to be accepted to the DigiGirlz Day event?A.No. There is not a GPA requirement.
- Q. If a girl does not attend one of the targeted schools, can she still attend?A.Yes. If the girl is currently in high school, she is welcome to send a request to attend a DigiGirlz Day in her area by using the contact information provided on this page or by sending an e-mail message with her name, her city and state, and the name of her high school to email@example.com
- Q. Can teachers attend the event to better understand what their students are learning?A.Yes. If teachers have students who will be attending the event, they are welcome and encouraged to attend the event. Teachers who attend can help encourage the girls to engage in technology programs throughout the school year. (Note: Microsoft is not able to offer continuing education credits for teachers who attend this event.)
- Q. Is lunch provided, or should the girls bring money?A.The event hours are different in each location, but if an event is held during a standard meal time, then a meal is provided free of charge for attendees. If you have special dietary needs or other special needs requests, please send an e-mail message to the contact listed for your event city.
- Q. What should I do if I have questions that aren't answered here?A.If you have more questions about the DigiGirlz Day, you may send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org, or refer to the email address/ link listed next to the event in the “Registration & Contact Info” column in the table above. Because of the number of e-mail messages we receive regarding the days, we will not address questions that are already answered on this Web site.
- Q. How do girls register to attend a DigiGirlz Day?
Here is what a teacher who attended a DigiGirlz Day had to say about her experience:
"Thank you Microsoft for hosting the DigiGirlz Day! Technology is an integral part of today's education, and, of course, today's world. Kudos to Microsoft for giving young women an opportunity to explore the many options for their futures. The DigiGirlz Day event enabled our students to realize the value of their educational experience and technology. I was very impressed with the event and even more so with Microsoft's ability to support and drive diversity in the workplace. Thank you Microsoft for giving us an opportunity to participate in this great event!"
Sayreville War Memorial High School