A Vision and Strategy for the Future
Global Diversity and Inclusion are integral to the vision, strategy, and business success of Microsoft. Microsoft officially formed the Office of Diversity & Inclusion in recognition of the fact that leadership in the global marketplace requires a corporate culture and an inclusive business environment where the best and brightest diverse minds—employees with varied perspectives, skills, and experiences—work together to meet consumer demands. During the past few years, we have accomplished the following:
- Developed a cohesive Global Diversity & Inclusion strategy linked to the company's business and vision
- Strengthened global perspective and integration of this diversity strategy across the company
- Enhanced leadership engagement with the chief executive officer (CEO) and executive diversity sponsors
- Improved overall quality and accuracy of diversity data in the U.S. and globally
- Increased portfolio of diversity and inclusion training tools and courses
Our results demonstrate that the collaboration of different cultures, ideas, and perspectives is an organizational asset and yields greater creativity and innovation. Global diversity and inclusion are business critical to the current and long-term success of Microsoft.