Before you install Windows Media® Components for QuickTime:
Important Make sure that your Mac OS X user account has read and write access. If your login account does not allow you to administer the computer you will be asked for an administrator name and password during the installation.
To install Windows Media Components for QuickTime
1. Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
2. Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
3. Click the Download button.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk.
If you are using Safari, the file is downloaded to the desktop unless you specified a different folder in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. (To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.)
If you are using Internet Explorer, the Download Manager saves the file to the desktop unless you specified a different folder in the Preferences dialog box of Internet Explorer. (To check your preferences, on the Explorer menu, click Preferences, and then click Download Options in the left pane).
5. In most Web browsers, the file you downloaded expands automatically. If it does not, on your hard disk, double-click the file you downloaded in step 4 to mount the disk image and extract the compressed .mpkg file.
6. Click the .mpkg file to run the installer.
7. Follow the instructions on the screen to finish installation.
8. Restart all QuickTime-based applications.