If your download does not start after 30 seconds,
To install this update
- Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
- Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with installation.
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Click the Download button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk.
If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.
If you are using Internet Explorer, the Download Manager saves the file to the desktop unless you specified a different folder in the Preferences dialog box of Internet Explorer. To check your preferences, on the Explorer menu, click Preferences, and then click Download Options in the left pane.
- Double-click the file you downloaded in step 5 to place the Office 2004 11.3.9 Update volume on your desktop, and then double-click the Office 2004 11.3.9 Update volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
- In the Office 2004 11.3.9 Update volume window, double-click the Office 2004 11.3.9 Update application to start the update process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the update installer from your hard disk. To verify that the installation finished successfully, see the Updated files section of the Read Me file included with this update. To remove the update installer, first drag the Office 2004 11.3.9 Update volume to the Trash, and then drag the file you downloaded to the Trash.
This update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate, an application that can automatically keep your Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, open an Office application, and then on the Help
menu, click Check for Updates
To remove this update
This update does not include an uninstall feature. To restore your application to its original state, delete it from your hard disk, reinstall it from your original installation disk, and then install the updates you want.