This download is a self-extracting .exe, which will simply install some documentation in the form of HTML files, and some code samples. No executable code is included.
To install the SDK:
1. Download the HelpViewerSDK.exe file.
2. Execute it and when prompted, specify a folder location where you want to place the extracted files.
3. Navigate to the folder where you extracted the files to - you will find HelpViewerSDK.zip.
4. Right-click on HelpViewerSDK.zip and select "Extract All..." (you may use the current location or an alternate of your choice)
5. Double-click on 00_HelpSDK_OverviewAndFAQ.htm to get started with the documentation for the SDK.
For any problems with installation or general questions, please leave a note via The Help Guy blog