If your download does not start after 30 seconds,
- Click the Download button on this page to download and save the Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 Preparation Tool (vs2008_patchremovaltool-x86.exe) to your system.
- Close all active applications on your system, including Visual Studio 2008 SP1 setup.
- Using an account that has administrator's privileges, run vs2008_patchremovaltool-x86.exe.
- If you are running a version of Vista, accept the UAC prompt.
- Follow the prompts for Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 Preparation Tool.
- Click the Finish button when the tool reports that the process is complete.
The tool's total execution time will depend on your system's performance and any installed products that are affected by the updates. Additional time will be required if you have the Visual Studio 2008 SP1 Beta installed.