Unzip the download and run setup.exe to install the Diagnostic Tool for the Microsoft VM. Detailed installation note and information on using the tool can be found in the readme and documentation.
• IMPORTANT: You must uninstall any previous version of the Diagnostic Tool before installing a newer version.
• The application will add a folder to the Program menu after running Setup. You can run the Wizard by using the Program menu icon.
• In order to scan remote machines, you must be an administrator on the remote machines.
• URL scans will always be conducted from the local host. Internet Explorer’s connection settings are used.
• File scans will only include local drives. Removable disks, network drives, RAM disks and CD-ROM drives will not be scanned.
Note that WMI 1.5, DCOM, and File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks must be installed and enabled to remotely scan machines. Also, ADSI 2.5 is required to select machines using the Computer Selection dialog in the wizard.
Changes in 1.0a
This version of the Diagnostic Tool for the Microsoft VM includes several targeted changes from the 1.0 version. These include:
• The XML data files produced by the tool are now saved to a data directory for further processing.
• Localized machine names, file names, and file content is now supported.
• Thread priority can be specified from the command line.
• Drives are now valid input for the directoryfile command line option.