To install this download
- Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
- Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with the installation.
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Click Download, or click the link for the language version that you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk. If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.
- Double-click the file that you downloaded in step 5 to place the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 1.1.9 volume on your desktop, and then double-click the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 1.1.9 volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
- In the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 1.1.9 volume window, double-click the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 1.1.9 application to start the installation process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the application installer from your hard disk. To remove the application installer, first drag the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 1.1.9 volume to the Trash, and then drag the file that you downloaded to the Trash.
This update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate, an application that can automatically keep your Microsoft software up to date. Microsoft AutoUpdate is located in /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/MAU2.0/. For more information, about using Microsoft AutoUpdate, see AutoUpdate Help.
To remove this download
- If Open XML Converter is running, quit the application.
- On your hard disk, locate the converter application.
- Drag the converter application to the Trash, and then on the Finder menu, click Empty Trash.
To remove all converter files from your computer, in /Library/Application Support/Microsoft, delete the Office Converter Support folder. If other Microsoft software, such as Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac, Microsoft Messenger, or Microsoft Expression Media is installed on your computer, do not delete any of the files in /Library/Application Support/Microsoft because these files are used by other Microsoft applications.