Before installing Silverlight 4 Tools, you must:
- Install Visual Studio 2010, and the Visual Web Developer feature must be included, or
- Install Visual Web Developer 2010 Express.
The Silverlight 4 Tools package here will uninstall and update earlier Silverlight 4 & Tools components as necessary.
Uninstall the Silverlight 4 Tools Update
- This tools package will not work with the Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1, Beta 2, or RC releases. Pre-release editions of Visual Studio 2010 are no longer supported.
If you wish to remove Silverlight 4 and Silverlight 4 Tools update from your computer, you must manually remove the components that were installed:
- Microsoft Silverlight 4 Developer Runtime
- Microsoft Silverlight 4 SDK
- Microsoft Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio 2010
- WCF RIA Services V1.0 for Silverlight 4
- F# Runtime for Silverlight 4
Note: if you wish to remove Silverlight 4 from your computer, you should uninstall all related components, including the developer runtime, the SDK, Tools, F# Runtime, and RIA Services. You may leave the Update for Visual Studio 2010 (KB982218) because it contains additional bug fixes and improvements in the WPF & Silverlight tools in Visual Studio.