To install this download
Instructions for use:
- You may want to print this page to use as a reference when you are
- Download the file from the Microsoft Office Tools
on the Web site by clicking the Download button above and following the instructions in
the dialog boxes.
- Double-click the imejpn.exe program file on your hard disk to
start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Once you have installed the Global IME and started the Office XP program you
want to type in, you can use the Language
bar (appears by default in in
the upper-right corner of the screen in any Office program) to switch between
input languages and then select IME options.
If you do not see the Language
bar in your program, you may not have
the Office XP Speech
feature installed. To
install the Speech or Handwriting feature, do the following:
To remove this download:
- Quit all programs.
- Double-click the
Add/Remove Programs icon in the Windows Control Panel.
- Do one of the following:
For Windows 2000 and Windows Millennium Edition: In the
Currently installed programs box, click the name of your program, and
then click the Change button.
- For Windows 98 and Windows NT® 4.0: On the
Install/Uninstall tab, click
the name of your program, and then click the Add/Remove button.
- In the program setup dialog box, select Add or Remove Features,
and then click Next.
In the Features to install list, click the plus
sign next to Office Shared Features, then click the plus sign next to Alternate User Input.
Click the icon next to Speech and then click Run
from My Computer.
- On the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the Install/Uninstall list, select Japanese Input Method
Editor, and then click Add/Remove.
- Click Remove All.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete and exit the installer.