Click the Download
button on this page to start the download, then do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
Installing this package requires full administrative permissions. This is best accomplished using one of two methods:
- Log on to your computer using the local "Administrator" account before installation.
- Use the Command Prompt:
- Copy the download to your computer (see above).
- Log on to your computer using an account with administrator privileges.
- Click the Windows Start button.
- In the "Search for Programs and Features" box on the Start menu, type "Command Prompt"
- Right-click on the Command Prompt program in the search results.
- Select Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt windows that opens, type the following command to run the installation:
msiexec /i IISMedia32.msi
: The above steps are required because the User Account Control (UAC) security component in the Windows operating system will prevent the installation of IIS modules by non-administrators. For more information about UAC, see User Account Control
After installation is completed, IIS Media Services 4.1 features can be found in the IIS Manager user interface on your computer.