Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for Windows 7. To find recent security updates, visit Windows Update.
- Install the version of Visual Studio 2010 with C# if you plan to write new services for RDS
- Install Kinect for Windows SDK V1
- Install Silverlight 4.0 SDK
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save. (Recommended)
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.
- Answer the prompts. Note that the CCR and DSS Runtime will be installed first as well as some pre-requisites. RDS requires .NET 4.0 but does not install it because this comes with Visual Studio. If you want to remove RDS later, you must also remove the CCR and DSS Runtime afterwards.
- When the installation is complete, look in the Start Menu under Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio 4 and run Build All Samples. This is a separate manual step that takes several minutes.