To install this update
- Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
- Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with the installation.
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Click Download, or click the link for the language version that you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk. If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop or your Downloads folder unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.
- Double-click the file that you downloaded in step 5 to place the Microsoft Office 2011 14.2.2 Update volume on your desktop, and then double-click the Microsoft Office 2011 14.2.2 Update volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
- In the Microsoft Office 2011 14.2.2 Update volume window, double-click the Office 2011 14.2.2 Update application to start the update process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the update installer from your hard disk. To remove the update installer, first drag the Microsoft Office 2011 14.2.2 Update volume to the Trash, and then drag the file that you downloaded to the Trash.
This update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate, an application that can automatically keep your Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, open an Office application, and then on the Help
menu, click Check for Updates
To remove this update
This update does not include an uninstall feature. To restore your application to its original state, delete it from your hard disk, reinstall it from your original installation disk, and then install the updates that you want.