: Administrators should refer to the Administrator resources
If you have Microsoft Office Word 2003, do one of the following:
- Use Office Update on the Office Online Web site (recommended). Office Update automatically detects Office and prompts you to install updates and service packs that bring Office programs up-to-date.
- Install only Security Update for Word 2003 (KB887979). To do this, follow these steps:
Download one of the two .exe files by using the links at the bottom of the
page, and then save the file to your hard disk drive.
- office2003-kb887979-client-enu.exe: You should download this file if you have access to your
original product CD-ROM. You might need to provide the installation source
during patch installation if you have previously updated your product.
- office2003-kb887979-fullfile-enu.exe: Download this file if you do not have access to your original product CD-ROM or if you have experienced problems installing the office2003-kb887979-client-enu.exe.
- It is recommended that you quit any programs you are running.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the .exe file that you saved to your hard disk drive, and follow the instructions on the screen.
Administrators working in managed environments can find complete resources for deploying Office updates in an organization on the Office Admin Update Center
. On that site, scroll down and look under the Update Resources
section for the product version you are updating.
The downloads for this update are under the Files in this Download
section below. You can double-click the executable package to begin installation, or extract the patch files (MSP files) by using a command line. The command line and instructions are included in the Knowledge Base article (197147): Command-Line Switches For IExpress Software Update Packages
See the Microsoft Knowledge Base article Description of the Security Update for Word 2003 (KB887979)
for further information about this update.