Instructions for getting SQL Server product documentation into secured environments
1. Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
2. Click Save to save the download to a USB drive or other portable media that can be carried into the firewalled environment.
3. Double-click the self-extracting EXE to unpack the contents.
4. Specify a location of your choice to extract the contents to. For example, a network share that is accessible to your destination server.
5. Launch Help Library Manager by going to Start, All Programs, SQL Server 2012, Help & Community, and clicking Manage Help Settings or by launching SQL Server Management Studio, clicking the Help menu, and then selecting Manage Help Settings.
6. In Help Library Manager, click Choose online or local help.
7. Select I want to use local help and click OK.
8. Click Install content from disk and browse to the directory where you unpacked the downloaded EXE.
9. Select the HelpContentSetup.msha file and click Open.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Add next to the documentation you want to install.
12. Click Update.
13. Exit Help Library Manager.
For more information about enabling SQL Server documentation in Visual Studio or SQL Server Data Tools, go to the Books Online News page
For more information about Microsoft SQL Server 2012, go to the SQL Server Resource Center
To download a self-extracting EXE package of PowerShell scripts to enable Help Viewer to use IPv6, go to the Scripts to Enable Microsoft Help Viewer for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 download center page