This hotfix need to be run on Head Nodes.
Note: Before applying this update, please stop all Windows Azure nodes.
To start the download, click the Download button next to the appropriate file (KBnnnnnnn
.exe for the 64-bit version, KBnnnnnnn
.exe for the 32-bit version) and then:
- Click Save to copy the download to your computer.
- Close any open HPC Cluster Manager or HPC Job Manager windows.
Note: Any open HPC Cluster Manager of HPC Job Managers may unexpectedly quit or show an error message during the update process if left open. This does not affect installation of the update.
- Run the download on the headnode using an administrator account.
Note: If you have HA headnodes, run the fix on the Active node, move the node to Passive, and after failover occurs run the fix on the new Active node. Do this for all head nodes in the cluster.
Some updates may apply to more than one piece of HPC Pack software. In order to uninstall those updates, remove them in the following order:
Note: If you don't follow the order, you might not be able to uninstall the QFE, as some QFE will have dependence across components
Note: If you have HA headnodes, uninstall the updates on a passive head node, move the node to Active, and then repeat uninstallation on the new passive head node. Do this for all head nodes in the cluster.
- Update for HPC Pack 2008 R2 Services for Excel 2010
- Update for HPC Pack 2008 R2 Client Components
- Update for HPC Pack 2008 R2 Server Components
- Update for HPC Pack 2008 R2 MS-MPI Redistributable Pack