Installing the add-in:
- Click Download next to the edumathaddin.exe file, and save the file to your hard disk.
- Make sure that all instances of Word, OneNote, or Send to OneNote (or OneNote Quick Launcher) are closed.
- Double-click the edumathaddin.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- After the installation is complete you will be offered to install DirectX. It is recommended that you install it because it will provide better display of graphics.
This version of Microsoft Mathematics Add-in for Word and OneNote 2013 will uninstall any previous versions automatically.
If you get this error: .NET Programmability Support for Microsoft Office is required to install Microsoft Mathematics Add-in.
, try one of these solutions and start the Math Add-in installation again:
Getting started with the add-in:
- You’re using Windows 8 and have the right component, but it’s not turned on. Go to Control Panel, Programs, and open Programs and Features. In the menu on the left, select Turn Windows features on or off, and make sure that .NET Framework 3.5 is checked.
- Your Office installation doesn’t include a component the Math Add-in needs. Re-install Office and include the .NET Programmability Support option.
- You don’t have Office. Install Office first. You can get the latest version of Office here.
After you install this download, start Word or OneNote. You’ll see the new equation, computation, and graphing options on the Mathematics tab.
Removing the add-in:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- In the list of currently installed programs, click Microsoft Mathematics Add-in for Word and OneNote, and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.
When you’re done, don’t forget to delete the edumathaddin.exe installation file that you saved to your hard disk.