If your download does not start after 30 seconds,
To install this update, do one of the following:
- Use Microsoft Update (recommended). Microsoft Update consolidates updates provided by Windows Update and Office Update into one location and enables you to choose automatic delivery and installation of high-priority updates.
- Use Office Update on the Office Online Web site. After running the automatic detection, Office Update prompts you to install updates and service packs that bring your Office products up to the best quality available. Office Update is not supported on Windows Vista.
Install only Office 2003 SP3. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download the file Office2003SP3-kb923618-FullFile-enu.exe by clicking the Download button at the top of this page. Save the file to your hard disk
- It is recommended that you quit any programs you are running.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the
.exe file that you saved to your hard disk drive, and follow the instructions
on the screen.
will install even if a publicly available update has already been installed on
When using other Microsoft Office products
If you are using the following Microsoft Office products, we recommend that you get the latest service packs:
If you are using Office Communicator 2005, you should exit Office Communicator prior to installing Office 2003 SP3. If you do not exit
Communicator, you will be required to reboot your computer after Office 2003 SP3 has been installed. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article (905726): You are unexpectedly prompted to restart the computer after you install an Office service pack or an Office update
To remove this download
There is no uninstall feature for this download. For more information, see the
Microsoft Knowledge Base article (873125): You cannot remove
Service Packs for Office 2003 products
Administrators working in managed environments can find complete resources for
deploying Office updates in an organization on the
Office 2003 Resource Kit
When you double-click the executable
package, installation begins. To extract the patch files (.msp files), you must
use a command line. The command line and instructions are included in the
Knowledge Base article (197147):
Command-Line Switches For IExpress Software Update Packages
See Microsoft Knowledge Base article (923618): Description of Office
2003 Service Pack 3
for further information about this update.