To install this update, do one of the following:
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you attempt to install this update and get a message saying that the update failed, please refer to Knowledge Base Article 968173. It describes a set of requirements and other issues that may cause the installation to fail, and gives instructions on how to fix them.
Install SP2 for Other Office Products
- Use Microsoft Update (recommended).
- Microsoft Update consolidates all updates into one location and offers you only those that affect your particular system.
- Install this update manually.
- Download the file by clicking the Download button on this page.
- Save the file to your hard disk drive.
- Locate the .exe file that you saved, double-click it, and follow the instructions on the screen.
If you have other Office products installed, please be sure to update them as well. A full list of SP2 releases for Office products is available in the Knowledge Base Article 968170
To Remove this Download
Service Pack 2 is the first service pack to support uninstall of client patches through both the command line and the use of the Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool. The Service Pack Uninstall Tool is available as a separate download. For more information about this tool, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 954914
Administrators working in managed environments can find complete resources for deploying Office updates in an organization on the 2007 Office Resource Kit site
Again, for more details about what is included in the service pack, you are urged to read Knowledge Base Article 953332