The Microsoft Project 2010 SDK contains documentation, code samples, "How to" articles, and programming references to help customize and integrate the Project 2010 clients and Project Server 2010 with other applications for enterprise project management.
The Microsoft Project 2010 SDK helps solution providers, value-added resellers, and other developers learn about new features in the Project 2010 client applications and the Project Server 2010 platform. The Project 2010 SDK shows how to extend and integrate Project Standard, Project Professional, and Project Server with other applications for enterprise project management (EPM). It features conceptual and "How to" articles, sample code, and programming references for the Project 2010 clients and Project Server 2010.
The Project2010SDK.exe download is updated for Project 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1). The SDK download includes two help files: Project2010SDK.chm (conceptual topics and managed code reference), and Project2010_ReportingDB.chm (the Reporting database schema reference). Additional references for reporting include the OLAP cube schema reference (OLAPCubeSchemas2010.xlsx) and a pivot table to help select fields in the Reporting database (RDB_Field_Selector.xlsx). The WINPROJ.DEV.hxs file is an update for VBA Help in Project Professional and Project Standard, along with instructions for installation. The SDK download also includes the default Project Guide files, the XML schema for Project 2010, and the XML schema for the ChangeXML parameter for Statusing methods in the Project Server Interface (PSI).
To help in developing with the PSI, the SDK download includes source files, scripts, and instructions to compile and update a proxy assembly for both the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services interface and the ASMX (web services) interface of the PSI. In addition, updated XML files for Microsoft Intellisense include descriptions for most of the PSI types and members.
Code samples in the SDK download include the following Microsoft Visual Studio solutions that relate to topics in the SDK:
You can also view the Project 2010 SDK online in the MSDN Library.
- UpdateStatus_ManualTasks shows how to use the changeXml parameter with the UpdateStatus method, for manually scheduled tasks and for other resources.
- UsingQueueSystem is a test application that helps to show how the Project Server queue works.
- RibbonCustomization shows how to make simple customizations to the ribbon in Project Web App.
- ProjTool_P14 includes the complete source code for the ProjTool test application, updated for Project Server 2010.
- EventHandlers contains sample applications that trap the Custom Field Created post-event and the Project Creating pre-event.
- CustomizeProjectCenter modifies the ribbon for the Project Center page in Project Web App and shows how to access data and events in the JS Grid.
- WCFImpersonationTest_VS9 shows how to use impersonation with the WCF interface of the PSI.
- CreateProject4Department and CustomFieldsTest show how to use the QueueCreateProject, ReadCustomFields2, and ReadLookupTables methods in the PSI.
- ASMXLogon_MultiAuth and WCFLogon_MultiAuth use multi-authentication to log on an ASMX-based and a WCF-based application.
- ProjectGuideAddIn uses the Microsoft Office developer tools in Visual Studio 2010 to create an add-in that displays the Project Guide.
- RibbonAddIn includes both Microsoft Visual C# solutions and Visual Basic solutions that add a custom tab and command to the Project 2010 ribbon.
- WCFHelloProject includes solutions that configure the WCF settings programmatically and by using an app.config file.
- ListProjects and ListProject_Sorting show how to use the ListProjects PSI extension in a Project Server Web Part that uses the JS Grid control.
- BranchingWorkflow creates a simple Project Server workflow.
- SampleProposal2 duplicates the Sample Proposal workflow that is installed with Project Server 2010.
- CustomActivityWorkflow shows how to create a custom workflow activity and how to use the custom activity in a Project Server workflow.
Supported Operating System
Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Vista
- This download works with the following applications:
- Microsoft Project Professional 2010
- Microsoft Project Standard 2010 (technologies related to Project Server do not apply).
- Microsoft Project Server 2010
- Microsoft Project Web App 2010. Requires Internet Explorer 7.0 or later for full
compatability. For more information, see Project 2010 SP1 – Multi-Browser Support
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Enterprise
- Microsoft Excel 2010 or Microsoft Office Excel 2007. Optional, for use with Visual Reports in Project 2010.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. Required for opening most of the Visual Studio
solutions in the SDK download. Required for developing Project Server Web Parts, workflows, and add-ins for Project 2010.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1 can be used to create solutions and then add other code files in the SDK download, except for Project Server Web Parts, workflows, and add-ins for Project 2010.
To install this download:
To remove this download:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button near the top of this page and saving the file to your hard disk drive.
- Back up any modifications that you made to previous Project 2010 SDK files.
- Double-click the Project2010SDK.exe file on your hard disk drive to extract the Project2010SDK.msi file to the local directory.
- Double-click the Project2010SDK.msi file to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation. The default installation path is [Program Files]\Microsoft SDKs\Project 2010.
- To avoid issues with code access security, you can choose a different installation directory, for example, C:\Project_SDK.
- To extract the sample projects, run Samples\Samples.exe as an administrator. You can install the samples in the local directory or to another directory on your computer.
Uninstall Microsoft Project 2010 SDK [EN-US]
by using Programs and Features
in the Control Panel. To remove the download, delete the Project2010SDK.exe
file and Project2010SDK.msi
To remove all the installed files, delete the Project 2010 SDK installation directory.