Registration takes only a few moments and allows Microsoft to provide you with the latest resources relevant to your interests, including service packs, security notices, and training. Please click the Continue button. Registration is suggested for this download:
Download SQL Server 2008 R2 180-day Trial Software. Building on SQL Server 2008, R2 provides an even more scalable data platform with comprehensive tools for managing your databases and applications, improving the quality of your data, and empowering your users to build rich analyses and reports using tools they are already familiar with.
SQL2008 R2 EVAL for IT Pros - Instructions.htm
Building on the trusted, productive, and intelligent data platform delivered with SQL Server® 2008,
The Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 provides a wealth of new improvements that will help your organization scale
with confidence, improve IT efficiency, and enable managed self-service BI. This release includes
new and enhanced capabilities for application and multi-server management, complex event processing,
master data services, and end user reporting. Also introduced is
PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel (previously known as project “Gemini’) to empower users to easily access,
integrate, analyze and share information using Microsoft® Office tools they are already familiar with.
Key features include:
- A new Control Point Explorer for central multi-instance and application utilization management.
- Built-in wizards to help you quickly set up and enroll instances and Data-Tier Application components into central management.
- Dashboard viewpoints for quick insight into application and instance utilization.
- Report Builder 3.0
- PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel
- Master Data Services
- StreamInsight core technology engine.
To read what is new in SQL Server® 2008 R2 click here.
Here is the SQL Server® Privacy Statement. for your review
1 )This fully functional trial software will automatically expire after six months. You can obtain the fully licensed version at any time.
For information about the different editions of Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2, see the Editions page.
2 ) Some components in the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2
have two different methods to complete the installation process:
- Attended Installation – an interactive user interface will guide you through the set-up process and obtain all of the information and consent required to complete the installation. This includes the displaying, acknowledgement, and archiving of the applicable SQL Server license terms.
- Un-attend Installation – this is a DOS command Line set-up process that does not have an interactive user interface to guide you through the set-up process.
In this case, you will be required to enter a parameter during installation that indicates your acceptance of the license terms.
Here is the copy of the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Evaluation license terms for your review.
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
- 32-bit systems
- Computer with Intel or compatible 1GHz or faster processor (2 GHz or faster is recommended.)
- 64-bit systems
- 1.4 GHz or faster processor
- Minimum of 1 GB of RAM (2 GB or more is recommended.)
- 2.2 GB of available hard disk space
Here is the copy of the detailed Systems Requirements for your review.
We recommend you read the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Release Notes and
Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Readme before installing Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Evaluation.
We have the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Evaluation as a DVD image and as Self-extracting executables for your review.
1: SQL Server® 2008 R2 Evaluation DVD Image : This image file contains X86,
X64 and IA64 installatable versions. You can use this image to burn your own DVD.
Step 1: Click the following link to download the file :
DVD Image : SQL Server® 2008 R2 Evaluation
2: SQL Server® 2008 R2 Evaluation Edition -Self-extracting executables: for X86, X64 or IA64.
3: SQL Server® 2008 R2 Master Data Services -Self-extracting executable.
Step 2: Using your DVD-burning software, select the options to burn a DVD from an .ISO image. When
you are prompted for a file to use, select the image file that you downloaded. After burning the DVD, locate and double-click
Setup.exe on the DVD to begin the installation.
Step 3: Follow the installation instructions provided in the
Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Readme.
Microsoft SQL Server® 2008 R2 Master Data Services is comprised of a database, configuration tool,
Web application, and Web service that you use to manage your organization's master data and maintain an
auditable record of that data as it changes over time. Master Data Services integrates with source systems
and incorporates business rules to become the single source of master data across your organization.
4: SQL Server® 2008 R2 StreamInsight -Self-extracting executables: for X86 and X64. IA64 is not supported.
Microsoft® SQL Server® StreamInsight
is Microsoft’s new Complex Event Processing technology to help businesses derive better insights
by correlating event streams from multiple sources with near-zero latency.