Microsoft® PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel 2010 provides ground-breaking technology, such as fast manipulation of large data sets (often millions of rows), streamlined integration of data, and the ability to effortlessly share your analysis through Microsoft® SharePoint 2010. Download this PowerPivot workbook to learn more about DAX calculations.
This PowerPivot for Excel 2010 DAX Samples .exe file contains two files:
This PowerPivot workbook illustrates the data analysis expressions (DAX) discussed in the included whitepaper.
- Contoso Samples DAX Formulas.xlsx
- Data Analysis Expressions in PowerPivot for Excel 2010.docx
NOTE: To fully interact with this sample, you must have Microsoft Excel 2010 and the Microsoft PowerPivot for Excel 2010 add-in installed.
Important: If you choose a custom installation of the Microsoft Office 2010 Trial, you must install both Excel 2010 and Office Shared Tools. Otherwise, you will not be able to use PowerPivot for Excel.
Supported Operating System
Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3
Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
Windows XP with SP3 (32-bit)
Windows Vista with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)*
Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)*
Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit or 64-bit) with MSXML 6.0 installed+
Terminal Server and windows on Windows (WOW)-- which allow you to instal 32-bit versions of Office 2010 on 64-bit operating system-- are supported.
* Also requires Platform Update for Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008.
+ Only 32-bit Microsoft®Office 2010/PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel 2010 is supported on 64-bit Windows Server 2003 R2.
- 500 MHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor or higher
- Minimum of 1 GB of RAM (2 GB or more is recommended.)
- 3.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet access
Here is the copy of the detailed Hardware and Software Requirements for your review.
To open and interact with the content of this workbook, do the following:
1. Follow the instructions to install Microsoft Office 2010 and PowerPivot for Excel found here.
2. Download and save these samples to a folder on your local computer.
3. Start Excel 2010.
4. On the File menu, click Open.
5. Open the sample file that you want to view.
6. To view the data embedded in the workbook, click PowerPivot Window Launch on the PowerPivot tab.