Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Language Pack contain translated text, such as error messages, for each language.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Language Pack contain translated text, such as error messages, for languages other than English. Without the installation of a Language Pack, these messages are displayed in English by default. Multiple language packs, each for a different language, can be installed on a single computer.
Note: To download a specific language pack, select the target language from the change language drop-down.
For more details on this release of the framework, see the following references:
Supported Operating System
Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows Server 2003 SP2
- Windows Vista SP1 or later
- Windows Server 2008 (not supported on Server Core Role)
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (not supported on Server Core Role)
- Supported Architectures:
- ia64 (some features are not supported on ia64 for example, WPF)
- Hardware Requirements:
- Recommended Minimum: Pentium 1 GHz or higher with 512 MB RAM or more
- Minimum disk space:
Web Developers and Administrators
- Important: Make sure that your computer has the latest Windows service pack and critical updates. To find security updates, visit Windows Update. If you are installing on XP 64 bit or Windows 2003 you might need to install the Windows Imaging Component. The Windows Imaging Component 32 bit can be found here . The Windows Imaging Component 64 bit can be found here .
- On this page, locate the Download button and then click it to start the download.
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer so that you can install it later, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.
To install the .NET Framework on a Web server or to setup an entire Web development environment, use the Microsoft Web Platform Installer