Registration takes only a few moments and allows Microsoft to provide you with the latest resources relevant to your interests, including service packs, security notices, and training. Please click the Continue button. Registration is suggested for this download:
Microsoft® Identity Lifecycle Manager (ILM) 2007 Feature Pack 1 (FP1) brings together smart card, certificate management, and synchronization, metadirectory, and user provisioning into one solution that works across Windows and other enterprise systems.
Simplify identity & access management.
- Automatically maintain consistent identity information across a wide range of directories, databases, and other systems.
- Manage the life cycle of enterprise credentials from passwords to strong credentials such as certificates and smartcards – all from a single solution.
Gain control over your organization’s identity & access process & policies.
- Automate identity clean-up, synchronization, and reconciliation with a best-in-class metadirectory.
- Easily secure access to resources with a workflow-based solution for managing strong credentials such as certificates and smart cards.
- Effectively govern end user self-service and access privileges.
Integrate & extend with ease.
- Integrate with your existing infrastructure with over 30 connectors out of the box and extensibility to develop additional connectors.
- Extend with Visual Studio ®, .NET Framework, and a vast set of third party solutions.
- Integrate with your existing Microsoft investments such as Active Directory, SQL ServerTM for reporting, Microsoft Systems Management Server for asset and software management, and Microsoft Operations Manager for health monitoring.
New features in this release:
- Active Directory and GAL synchronization Management Agent support for pure Exchange 2007 environments
- Certificate and smart card management client support for Vista
- Offline Vista-integrated smart card PIN unblock
- Smart card PIN unblock for Windows XP
- Certificate and smart card management in 8 additional languages:
- Chinese (Traditional)
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008
- Note: For Windows Server 2008, only the 32 bit version is supported
- Note: When adding Management Agents, turn off User Account Control (UAC)
This software is intended for evaluation and planning purposes only. If you plan to install the software on your primary machine, back up your existing data prior to installation.
To use the Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007 Feature Pack 1, you need:
- 1 GHz processor or faster processor recommended; Pentium 4 recommended
- 512 MB of RAM or higher; 1 GB or more recommended
- 350 MB of available hard-disk space or more the default installation. Additional 1 GB of available hard disk space recommended for log file. Note: For ILM 2007 Metadirectory services and user provisioning an extra 8 GB of available hard disk space on the partition that contains the database files
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- Super VGA (1024 x 768) or higher-resolution monitor recommended
- Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007 Feature Pack 1 metadirectory services and user provisioning server requirements:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition; Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition; or Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, 32 bit
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Enterprise Edition, Standard Edition or Developer Edition with Service Pack 4 or later; or Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition, Standard Edition or Developer Edition (32-bit or 64-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later (recommended)
- For Microsoft Exchange 2007 Support, Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 and PowerShell 1.0
Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007 Feature Pack 1 certificate and smart card management server requirements:
- An Active Directory infrastructure with a domain controller
- One (minimum) Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition certification authority (CA) installed as an Enterprise CA
- Support for AD Certificate Services in Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition 32 bit is available with update in KB946797
The certificate and smart card management server component can be installed on a computer running:
- Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition, Service Pack 1 or later; or Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition, Service Pack 1 or later; or Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, 32 bit
- Microsoft .NET Framework
Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007 Feature Pack 1 certificate and smart card management client requirements:
- Windows Vista Ultimate or Windows Vista Business
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 or a later
- Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4 or a later
- Web browser: Internet Explorer 6.x with Service Pack 1 or later; or Internet Explorer 7.x.
- Vendor middleware: Microsoft Base Cryptographic Service Provider with vendor-specific mini-driver, or a legacy cryptographic service provider (CSP) with PKCS11-compatible vendor middleware.
Supported PKCS11-compatible card vendors:
- Axalto Access Client Software version 5.2
- AET SafeSign Identity Client version 2.2
- Aladdin eToken Runtime Environment version 3.65
- Gemplus GemSafe version 4.2 service pack 3
- IAS Middleware version 1.03
- Siemens HiPath SIcurity Card API version 3.1.026
- Smart card components: CLM compatible smart card(s) and smart card reader(s).
Note: At least one network interface card (NIC) is required. If a private network is used, the head node requires at least two NICs, and compute nodes at least one. Each node may also require a high-speed NIC for a Message Passing Interface (MPI) network.
Actual requirements will vary based on your system configuration and the applications and features you choose to install.
Axalto & Gemplus software on the list above are now provided by the merged company, Gemalto.
This time-limited release of Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007 Feature Pack 1 180-day Evaluation will expire 180 days after installation. Please refer to the product documentation before installing a fully licensed version of Microsoft Identity Lifecycle
Manager 2007 Feature Pack 1.
- Click the Download link to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
Download the Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007 Feature Pack 1 Evaluation for a 180-day trial on managing users and their certificates and smart cards across your organization.
Additional information can be found on the Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007 web site.