The Microsoft Visio 2010 Software Development Kit (SDK) contains the latest documentation, samples, header files, libraries, and tools that you need to develop custom solutions for Visio 2010.
The Visio 2010 SDK contains the following items to help you develop custom solutions for Visio 2010:
- Code Samples Library—Provides a database of reusable Visio code samples.
- Flowchart sample application—Shows how to create a Component Object Model (COM) add-in that automates the creation of a flowchart drawing from an Excel spreadsheet.
- TreeView sample application—Shows how to create a hierarchical drawing and its accompanying tree view in Visio.
- Office Plan sample application—Shows how you can use the Visio 2010 Drawing Control to create an application that takes advantage of the drawing features of Visio 2010 in a Microsoft Windows Form.
- VSTO Add-in sample application—Shows how to create an add-in, based on Microsoft Office development tools in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, that includes custom Visio content and is deployed by using ClickOnce installation.
Note The Office development tools in Visual Studio were known as the Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) in previous versions of Visual Studio.
- Persistent Events tool—Provides a user interface that lets you add persistent events in an active Visio document and modify existing persistent events.
- Event Monitor tool—Monitors and reports events that are raised by an instance of Visio, so you can debug a solution that handles events.
- Print ShapeSheet tool—Provides a user interface that enables you to print the contents of a ShapeSheet.
- Solution Publishing tool—Lets you add Visio-specific entries to the PublishComponent table of a Windows Installer (.msi) file for publishing custom Visio content.
- The Visio SDK provides three type libraries that Visio 2010 exposes. In addition, it provides support files to help C++ developers automate Visio.
- The Visio SDK installs wizards for creating Visio add-on projects in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- The Visio SDK contains the Visio Automation Reference, Save as Web Reference, ShapeSheet Reference, Viewer Reference, and XML Schema Reference.
Supported Operating System
Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- This download works with the following program:
To install this download
The Visio 2010 SDK is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Each contains a different version of the Persistent Events tool, the Event Monitor tool, and the Print ShapeSheet tool. To run the 32-bit versions of the tools, you must have 32-bit Visio 2010 installed on your computer. To run the 64-bit versions, you must have 64-bit Visio 2010 installed. To download the SDK, use the following instructions:
Instructions for use
- Download the file by clicking the Download button for the appropriate SDK version and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the VisioSDK32bit.exe or VisioSDK64bit.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
After installation, refer to the included documentation and tools for use of the SDK.
To remove this download
- To remove the download file, delete the VisioSDK32bit.exe or VisioSDK64bit.exe file from your hard disk
- To remove the installed files, use Control Panel to uninstall Microsoft Visio 2010 SDK.