To install this download:
Instructions for use:
- Select your base (Translate-from) and target (Translate-to) language pair.
- Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
- When the installation completes CLIP will start automatically.
Once installed, Microsoft Captions Language Interface Pack (CLIP)
is already enabled and ready to display translations. All you need to do is move your cursor around the screen and delay briefly over the text you want translated.
There are two types of interface available to show the translation results, the Tooltip caption or the CLIP window. To select how and when the translations are shown, set your preferences using the Options
button on the CLIP window or by right-clicking on the system tray icon.
To add or edit translations, use the CLIP window and click on the down arrow in the results pane. To access the CLIP window for your selected source text, press the CLIP ‘Window Key + Hot-key’
. You may then need to move the cursor around a little to bring-up the selection menu. Users can copy translation results by using the Copy
menu and pasting into other documents.
To temporarily stop or start CLIP, double-click on the system tray icon or use Options
to set startup defaults. Use Exit
to shutdown CLIP.
To remove this download:
- Open the Control Panel from Start.
- Select Add or Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs search for Microsoft Captions Language Interface Pack and uninstall your chosen language(s).
- Click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.